Sunday, October 26, 2008

Colour swatches....

Well today we went out and spent some of our savings to replace our very sad looking couch (which we've had since 2002) and to buy a dining room table & chairs (or benches in our case).

So, our couch is a latte colour, whilst the dining table & benches are a medium brown wood (with red highlights). What I need help with, is what colours to work the accessories around. My idea is to blend it across both rooms - colours that work with both.

Right now I'm leaning towards either a maroon or light green with white gold. On the way home we dropped into Bunnings and grabbed a few paint swatches to decide on colours so here's where I need your help.

With browns in mind, what main contrast colour would you pick. Green or maroon?


Keep in mind that the green I'm thinking of is really more of a mint green, ,this is much darker




I have to say, I'm leaning more towards the mint green idea, but perhaps because it's different to what I've seen in most people's houses. :)

4 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

Well that sounds lovely. My vote is for the green, which ever you pick. Browns & greens are found together in nature so much that you can't go far wrong.

Now on the the other thing - WHERE did you find benches for your new table? Mr de Elba and I are desperate to get a new dining room table and having benches was our "wacky idea" which turned out not to be all that wacky afterall! Easy to find? Or hard to source?

BeckaP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BeckaP said...

Not hard at all :) As soon as we walked into the furniture store, it was one of the first tables we found. Our unit is tiny so we needed something that can sit 6, but doesn't take up too much room. Both benches fit under the table and at under $500 for the set of three (table & 2 benches) I thought it was great value.

We also found outside style long bench pillows/cushions for $40 each from Bunnings that appear to be a perfect fit.

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

Definitely go the green