Saturday, October 11, 2008

A clean house....

Nothing really to write home about today (I've been getting the 'hint hint' to update my blog from a certain family member! *L*) but am feeling very relaxed this evening looking around our unit and seeing it all clean and tidy. The husband is off visiting my friends from work, Miss M 2.5 is in bed. I COULD have just slipped on a girlie DVD (the 2 TV channels we have available to us are pretty pathetic options tonight) and sat back inhaling a packet of Oreo cookies, but instead I went all cyclonic on the unit. :)

I know I won't be smiling tomorrow morning when it looks like a tornado has hit (and Miss M can manage that in about 5 minutes)but for now I'm just going to sit back and enjoy.

Isn't it amazing how you can change? A nice movie or a nice dinner out used to be how we felt relaxed and happy. Now all it takes is a good cleaning frenzy and a sparkling clean house afterwards at the end of a long week of work and being a Mummy!

What floats your boat? :)

3 comments:

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

Oooooh, for me it's a full pantry.

Allegro ma non troppo said...

Definitely a clean kitchen bench.

Mrs. C. said...

All the folding and ironing done so I can sit in the recliner-turned-laundry bench. Half the time I can't even tell there's a chair under there....