Friday, August 22, 2008

BBB

BBB = Banana Bread Bandit.

That's me. I'm COMPLETELY addicted to banana bread at the moment, and ironically so are half of my teammates at work. At any given time of the day you'll probably find one of us at least, munching on the scrumptious flavour.

The good news is that banana bread is now quite popular, so it's pretty readily available (including the cafe on the ground floor of our work building). The bad news is that it's now quite popular and if you don't buy a piece first thing in the morning there is every chance you'll have to go cold turkey.

The turkey was me today. I wandered downstairs at about 11am, knowing I wasn't going to make it through to lunch without my stomach beginning to snack on itself. Stood in line and stared out through the front doors at the rain outside. Reached the counter and smiled at the lady at the same time I noticed the usual banana bread basket was missing.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Looked hopefully at the lady behind the counter, thinking just maybe they were filling up said basket out the back. No such luck. All run out. Walked away with vegemite toast (sans the vegemite which the girl forgot to put on the toast), kicking myself that I underestimated the banana bread addiction sweeping North Sydney.

Note: My kitchen counter currently displays all of the ingredients I need to bake my OWN banana bread tomorrow. :) Oh and I need not share because it doesn't seem to tempt either John or Miss M 2.5.

Completely random photo...


Maddy shows her love to the Aussie Olympic Gymnastics Team

2 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

Oh no! Hope you find a totally awesome recipe and never have a drought again!

Allegro ma non troppo said...

We made banana cake last week. Peanut nearly threw an unpeeled banana in the mixer.

well hey, that's the way you find new recipes.